WHALES ENGLISH OVERVIEW:
– Earn $20-$30 USD/hour
– Must be a native English speaker
– Requires a degree, teaching certificate, and 1 year experience
– Requires a minimum of 8 hours/week during peak times
– No lesson planning required; Teaching materials provided
ABOUT WHALES ENGLISH:
It is an online teaching school based in China designed for English learners between the ages of 3 and 18. The company has a registered student population of over 60,000 and is expanding. They have an average of 2 students in a class, and over 10,000 different classes with almost 2,000 native English-speaking teachers.
WHALES ENGLISH CLASS TYPE:
Whales English has two major types of classes. Classes with one teacher and two students and classes with one teacher and six to ten students.
one teacher, two students (ages 3 – 18)
25 or 50-minute classes
one teacher, six-to-ten students (ages 5 – 12)
25 or 50-minute classes
– All classes are based on U.S. Common Core material.
– Variety of teaching subjects/class offerings: English, Language Arts, Phonics, Literature, Sociology, History, Academic Writing, Life Science, Social Studies, Science, and more.
WHALES ENGLISH REQUIREMENTS:
– A bachelor degree or higher
– Minimum 1 year experience teaching kids
– At least one teaching certificate: TESOL, TEFL, CELTA, etc. (We offer TESOL certificates for just $19)
– Be from a native English speaking country (including the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand)
WHALES ENGLISH PAY:
– $20-$30 USD per 50-minute class
– Additional performance-based bonuses and raises (weekend classes; perfect attendance; trial class conversions; teacher recruitment, marketing, etc.)
– Teachers are paid via ‘payoneer’ or through bank transfer each month for the previous months work
WHALES ENGLISH PEAK TEACHING TIMES:
Weekdays: 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Beijing Time)
Weekends: 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m. (Beijing Time)
WHALES ENGLISH TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS:
– a computer
– a strong and stable internet connection
– a noise-cancelling headset
– Start date: immediately (upon hire and completion of training)
– Contract term: 12 months
– Fixed/Regular hours and Flexible/Temporary hours available each week
– Whales English offers ongoing professional development through their teacher training courses
Address any questions or inquiries to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Native English-Speaking: Native English Speakers Only
TEFL/TESOL Certificate: Required
Bachelors Degree: Required
1. are you a citizen of the united states, canada, the united kingdom, australia, ireland, or new zealand?
2. do you have both a bachelors degree and a teaching certification?