Are you ready for a fresh change in the New Year? Ending your teaching contract and looking to make a positive difference in the lives of future leaders? Idioma Internacional in Costa Rica is looking for professionals to join our teaching team starting in March and April 2018!
Idioma Internacional is a language institution celebrating nearly 20 years of providing quality instruction and communicative solutions to companies around the Central Valley. Our dedicated team of highly trained teachers travel to local and international corporations in the Central Valley to deliver top-quality business English classes to their employees. Additionally, we manage an account with a non-governmental organization in Costa Rica that allows us to deliver scholarship-based lessons to high school students.
Often called the “happiest country in the world”, Costa Rica boasts a diverse ecosystem of beaches, volcanoes and rain forests. Our office is based in the middle of a busy downtown neighborhood of San José, Costa Rica. Here in the capital of San José, you will be surrounded by many opportunities to soak up the “pura vida” lifestyle with large city parks, museums, coffee shops, shopping centers and restaurants offering both local and international cuisine.
We are seeking EFL teachers who are flexible, passionate, caring and have a genuine passion for educating and helping others to join our diverse staff. In return for these qualities, teachers are able to participate in a robust professional development program with ongoing training to strengthen their teaching skills. Additionally, teachers are trained to be language evaluators and have the opportunity to work in our language evaluation services department to earn more money and expand their international experience.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
• Prepping for classes by reviewing and adapting curriculum based on student needs
• Regularly keeping attendance on the virtual education platform
• Inputting student grades based on speaking and written assessments
• Regularly communicating with students and the Academic Team
All teachers earn between $750 and $1,150+ per month, working from 18 to 30 hours per week.
• Legal work visa and full legal working rights
• Paid vacations and holiday
• Monetary compensation for per diem travel expenses to clients
• Health insurance via enrollment in the national health care system
• Initial and ongoing training; regular professional development presentations
• Bank account provided; assistance in setting up cell phones and finding housing
• Native English speaker
• TEFL Certified
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in the field of Education
• Preferred: teaching experience
• Preferred: previous travel or living abroad
How to Apply
To apply, please send an updated resume and cover letter to [email protected]. We hope to hear from you!