Join us at LD Training School.
We are a foreign owned company managed by foreigners with over 20 years’ experience working in China between them. With over 20 teachers over a number of campuses we have experience knowing what you need and want.
We believe that all children should have the opportunity to practice and learn English in a fun and enjoyable environment. We thus, create a fun and enjoyable environment in our school and value our staff and students. Our headquarters is located in Guiyang.
Our school has been established for over 13 years and we have over 1500 students, 15 full time foreign teachers, as well as 7 Chinese teachers. We are currently expanding our school and therefore require full-time and part-time foreign teachers from a host of different nationalities.
We can complete visas under the new laws and are competent at visa applications.
Minimum Candidate Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree.
• Have teaching experience.
• Hold a TOEFL/TESOL certificate with at least 120 hours or be willing to complete one on arrival.
• A marketing background
• Public Speaking skills
• An English Language interest
• Amateur Dramatics skills
• TOEFL/IELTS teaching experience
• Managerial experience
Weekly Job Summary:
Each class has up to 20 students for Kindergarten 30 classes x 30 minutes. Monday to Friday 9.00 – 12:00 and 14:30 – 17:00.
Grade 1 and Grade 2. Each class has 30 students. 24 x 40 minute classes. Monday to Friday 9.00 – 12:00 and 14:30 – 17:00.
We also have small oral English classes with up to 8 students per class for Grades 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6. These are in our Training school. 20 classes of 1 hour. For these we only have class hours and 3 additional hours for preparation. If you have no class you do not have to come to the school.
TOEFL/IELTS preparation classes; and Senior GAOKAO preparation classes (Chinese College Entrance Exam) 1 – 3 students per class. Each class are usually 2 hours long.
Our students are between the ages of 4 to 16, divided into classes by Grade and English level.
All lessons are to be planned by the teacher, with full example lesson plans provided so that you can add your own creativity and ideas to the courses we offer.
*Some locations have a teaching assistant present in the classroom to help foreign teachers manage the class, as well as to assist the foreign teacher with explaining grammar and giving instructions etc.
• The school provides all necessary teaching materials, training, flash cards, toys and teacher books.
• Weekly Schedule: Depending on placement
• Guaranteed two days off
1) Typical of 25 hours per week.
2) Minimum office hours.
3) A Monthly meeting for sharing ideas, resolving problems etc.
4) Ongoing training opportunities to help improve teaching methods, delivery and personal skills; provided within the 25 hours of work per week.
5) Overtime at the rate of RMB125 per hour.
6) 8 to 12k RMB per month (after taxes) based on experience. Additional allowances are negotiable for any additional skills you can bring to our school.
7) Free private accommodation in a new apartment; located close to the school. However, if the teacher prefers to find and pay for their own apartment, a 1,000RMB supplement would be paid in addition to the monthly salary (This is the average rent in our area). Free accommodation until accommodation is found.
8) A two-year contract-completion bonus.
9) Additional bonuses are given for long standing Foreign Teachers or for achievements of excellence.
10) More than 22 days paid holiday per year. Holidays are during Chinese national holidays, however, some flexibility is provided for special requests. Year 1 Paid winter and summer holidays. Year 2 flight refund.
11) Accidental Health Insurance.
12) Full medical check.
13) Full support in obtaining a working visa (Foreign Expert Certificate Which is the ultimate professional document valued highly in China).
14) One week’s paid training prior to commencing teaching 300RMB per day (up to a maximum of 5 days). If additional training is required, this will be within the contractual hours, so no additional payment for training is provided).
15) Chinese lessons.
16) Free airport pick-up upon arrival.
17) Full support from a Foreign Teacher to help you settle in to your new job.
18) Additional support as and when required to ensure you have a wonderful experience of working in China.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you wish to become part of our dynamic creative team, please e-mail your resume and or video introduction and a copy of your passport photo page.